You login to your Gmail account, but couldn’t find the extremely important email in the inbox you’ve been waiting anxiously for days. This is very frustrating to say the least. But truth is Gmail is actually protecting you from unwanted or malicious emails such as phishing, scams and spam. In this particular case, they are just mistaking email that you want for email that you don’t want.
Luckily you are not alone and there a very easy ways to get rid of this issue forever. You can get the email you want by whitelisting an email address with Gmail. By whitelisting an email address you tell Gmail this is not a junk/spam email address, and anything from this particular email address should end up in my inbox. This short guide explains how to do that.
First of all, sign in to your account at Gmail.com and do the following.
1) Add A Sender (Email Address) To Your Contacts List
- Open a message from the sender you want to save to your Gmail contacts.
- Click the downward-pointed triangle (▼) next to the “Reply” button on the top right corner of the email message.
- Select “Add Contact Name to Contacts list” from the menu that pops up.
2) Add An Email Address To Your Contacts List
- Open your contact page in Gmail.
- Click on “New Contact”
- Add contact name, email address and other details on the next screen. Gmail will save the details automatically.
3) Mark messages as ‘Not spam’
If Gmail has marked emails you wish to whitelist as spam, let’s tell Gmail these are not spam.
- Navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist (eg mrtapproved.solutions).
- Select all the emails shown.
- Click “Not spam” and that’s it.
4) Create a filter for the address
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner, and then Settings
- Click on “Filters and Blocked Addresses” and then click “Create a new filter” link in the middle of the page. If you don’t see the link, scroll down to make it visible.
- Enter the email address you want to whitelist in the From field and click “Create filter with this search”.
- On the next screen, check “Never send it to Spam”. If there are any existing conversation, check “Apply filter to X matching conversations” and click “Create Filter”.
That’s how it’s done. Please share if you do this some other way.